Sometimes, we do not know what to do with leftover chapatis of last night. This recipe is dedicated to our leftover chapatis stuffed with Red Kidney Beans(rajma) and corn(makai). It makes it a pefect breakfast for all. Now, we can do anything with our chapatis.
- 8 Nos. Roti’s (Chapatis) leftover
- 1 cup Red Kidney beans (rajma), boiled
- 1cup corn, cooked,( makai)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (pyaz)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped,( tamatar)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped,( shimla mirch)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, ( lehsun)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder, ( laal mirch powder),
- 1 tbsp oil, Tel +for cooking
- 1 cup chedder cheese, grated
- Salt to taste,( namak)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa sauce
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder and salt and sauté for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Now add corn, bell pepper and the boiled red kidney beans. (Reserve the water/boiling liquer).
- Add some ( around 1 ¼ cup or as required) reserved boiling liquer and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once it is cooked, gently mash this filling. Now it is ready to be used.
- Take a leftover roti(chapati) and fill it half with the prepared red kidney bean filling.
- Grate some cheese on top.
- Fold the roti in half or roll them.
- Assemble all the roti’s(chapatis) in the similar manner,using up all the filling.
- Now take another pan and heat some oil in it.
- Put the prepared roti rolls in the pan and cook it for 1-2 minutes, or until they are crispy and brown on both sides.
- Remove the roti rolls in a plate. Cut the roti’s in half, diagonally.
- Serve tworolls of refried beans in roti per plate ,accompanied with salsa and sour cream.
Tip: You can also try it in breads and take care while cooking chapatis, otherwise they may get burn.