Crumbly Onion Rings
If you think you do not have time to make snacks with evening tea. then this one is for you. All ingredients of this recipe can be found in your kitchen easily. Now, your tea will not be alone anymore. In some countries it is imported. But now you can make it right in your kitchen.
If you do not eat egg then, don’t worry be happy. Just add some milk instead of eggs to make batter and whole process is the same.
You can make it healthy also by making them in oven if you do not like deep frying.
- 2 egg-whites(yoke excluded )
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp cayenne(lal mirchi) or pepperica powder
- 1 white onion, sliced(you can also use regular onion)
- 1/2 cup corn flour(makai ka atta)
- ½ cup refined flour(maida), seasoned with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs(or homemade bread crumbs)
- vegetable oil spray
- oil to deep fry
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cut onions into 1 cm thick slices and remove rings.
- In a bowl take egg whites and cayenne, salt , black pepper powder and milk and marinate for sometime.
- Now , add refined flour and corn flour and mix well to coat on the onion rings now add garlic powder and mix again.
- Remove each onion ring and coat it with panko bread crumbs.
- You may keep the crumbed onion ring in fridge.
- Heat oil in a wok(or fry pan) and deep fry these onion rings till crisp and golden.
- You may also cook the onion rings in a oven. Place the onion rings in a baking tray and spray some oil on them, bake for 8-10 mins at 200 degree C in oven till crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Note: To make panko bread crumbs at home, just cut down the sides of fresh bread and crush them with you hands. Then, filter it and your panko bread crumbs are ready.