This dish is low in fat despite what the name “creamy” vegetables may suggest. Accompany these creamy vegetables with hot steamed rice to make a quick and wholesome meal.
For those who don’t know what it is, it is a grean vegetable and highest in protein content and is absolutely delightful vegetable to eat whether steamed or boiled or pan-fried. It looks like green cauliflower.
And, I also love baby corns. Even the roasted bhutta and if you know that maize is dropped in Sambhar also and it tastes absolutely amazing 🙂 And, maize is one of the foods you can have without worrying about pesticides and insecticide issues.
- 1 cup broccoli florets (parboiled)
- 1/2 cup baby corn, sliced (parboiled)
- 1/4 capsicum, sliced
- 3/4 cup carrot , sliced (parboiled)
- 1/4 cup spring onions whites,chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber,sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed with 1/2 cup of 2 pinches of sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp green chillies,finely chopped
- salt to taste
→For The Garnish
1/4 cup spring onions greens,chopped Method:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high flame.
- Add the green chillies, broccoli florets, baby corn, capsicum, carrots, spring onion whites and cucumber and stir-fry over a high flame for 2 minutes.
- Mix the milk and cornflour paste. Add to the vegetables and cook for 1 minute. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water.
- Add the sugar and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
- Garnish with the spring onion greens .
- Serve hot with steamed rice.A colorful recipe. I think I am becoming a broccoli lover..why not? its healthy..this recipe is quick and healthy too.