Fattoush is a Levantine bread salad made from toasted or fried pieces of pita bread combined with mixed green and other vegetables.The vegetables are cut into relatively large pieces besides other salads. Why Indian style? So, my dear friends you may not find pita bread near you so what will you do? That’s why Indian style. You can use bread which you have in your kitchen. Rather brown or white bread even loaf. Haha yes. I prefer brown as it is healthier. So, try this aka INDIAN STYLE.
Onion 1 medium
Tomato 1 medium
Cucumber,peeled 1 medium
Green Capsicum,diced 1 small
Red Capsicum (optional),diced 1 small
Yellow Capsicum(optional),diced 1 small
Pita breads(brown bread) 2
Green Grapes, 6-8
Black Grapes, 6-8
Iceberg lettuce (Cabbage)leaves 5-6
Parsely(optional) 1/4 bunch
Fresh mint leaves(pudina) a few
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder to taste
Lemon juice 2 tsp
extra virgin olive oil(optional) 2 tsp
- Toast pita(brown) breads in non stick pan till golden from both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roughly chop onion and separate into layers.
- Deseed(remove seeds) cucumber and slice diagonally.
- Diagonally slice tomato.
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl.
- Add capsicum(green,red,yellow), green and black grapes(sliced between), torn lettuce(cabbage) leaves.
- Cut toasted breads into bite size pieces and add.
- Roughly chop parsley and add if using.
- Add mint leaves.Add salt, pepper powder, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss to mix. Serve immediately.
Your Fattoush in Indian style is ready. You can also use fruits like apple and vegetables from your fridge in it.